Berikut ini adalah ringkasan Hasil-hasil Konferensi PTC’08 di Honolulu, Hawai sbb:
- China’s policy of fostering new telecoms technology locally may see itcut off from global standards and leave it in a global vacuum,according to the head of a Chinese telecoms consultancy firm. BDA Chinachairman Duncan Clark spoke at PTC yesterday where he said rifts between China’s private pioneers and government sectors are beginning to show.
- The need for more inter-Asian submarine cables is being driven by a booming number of broadband users in China and India – who lovebandwidth-hungry applications, according to Pacnet.
- The telephone number mapping protocol Enum is not going to impact service providers need for peering, according to a panel at PTC inHawaii.
- Oracle is to buy rival BEA Systems. The offer is valued at approximately $8.5 billion, or $7.2 billion net of BEA’s cash on hand of $1.3 billion.
- SonyEricsson reported a 17% plunge in 4Q profit to $555 million as soaring costs outweighed the impact of strong mobile phone sales.
Dokumen lengkap dapat dilihat Hasil PTC’08 18 Januari 2008 DISINI.